Summer Public Relations Intern
Team Melanation is looking for an ambitious self-motivated PR professional with a strong interest in media relations, research, and brand marketing to serve as our summer intern. To succeed in this role, you must be a collaborative team member, who is creative and full of ideas, with a keen eye for relevant details. You must know the ins and outs of media companies, marketing agencies, and social media platforms to hit the ground running with impactful input and decisive insights. If you are a self-starter who is eager to apply your skills and experience some real world, real time learnings, this internship is a great fit for you.
Melanation wants to engage with a dedicated public relations intern and have him/her join our team of ambitious, creative, self-driven individuals! The ideal Melanation PR intern will work closely with Melanation’s leadership to implement and continue to expand our brand across site and social media platforms. The successful candidate will be intimately familiar with and passionate about issues affecting Black women, up to date on Black culture and news, and have a distinctive voice and presence. You will be responsible for designing, leading, and managing our media presence, gaining traction to our brands, and building relationships with others. The ideal candidate will be a collaborative, forward-thinking self-starter who can manage multiple projects at once. This is an exciting opportunity to help build this organization’s online presence while defining captivating ongoing engagement experiences.
Applications must submitted by April 22nd, 9PM CST.
- Part Time (Commit to 5-10 hours a week), flexible hours
- Pay: $650 – Varies (incentives included) stipend after 90-day completion
- Start: Early June
- Light media pitching; returning media requests (podcasts, interviews, sponsorships, publications)
- Build and update media lists and databases
- Assist in organizing and execution of events, campaigns, etc.
- Create and provide compelling content and ideas that reflect the brand mission and establish Melanation as a thought-leader in the black women community space
- Communicate and build relationships with current or prospective clients
- Attend weekly meetings to share ideas and updates, give feedback on progress report and any follow ups
- Passion for the PR industry and its best practice
- Seeking new opportunities to expand a brand’s presence across marketing channels.
- Some experience working at a digital media company or have the passion to gain experience working at a small startup digital media company
- A positive, can do attitude
- Well organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication
What You’ll Gain & Learn:
- Valuable experience working for a smart media company
- Time management skills
- Identify opportunities for networking
- Facilitate meetings
- Other learning opportunities
Submit a brief bio in the body of an email to [email protected]. The subject of the email should be “Public Relations Intern – your name” otherwise application will not be considered. With your application email, please attach your resume, website, and/or portfolio showcasing your skills. Please be sure to conspicuously provide your email and/or phone number so we can contact you.
****Application process is closed. We are not taking anymore applicants at this time.